OBJECTIVE: Seek a permanent Network Administration or Management position in a sophisticated network environment.
-- Network Administration --
Network Connectivity (3+ years):
Server Administration (2+ years):
- Set up, administered, and maintained multi-site WAN system with One central and 5+ remote sites using T-1, ISDN, RAS, Dial-up, and VPN; and TCP/IP ethernet and fast ethernet LANs using full Class C and NAT IP addressing schemes see Hardware list below for specifics.
- Built 120+ node 10/100BaseT network. Designed architecture, specified all equipment, and purchased all products and services. Delivered on time, under budget, and over spec with no production loss.
- Researched, recommended, and procured PBX Telecom system with Unified Messaging.
Workstation Administration (4+ years):
- Set up and administered single and multiple NT 4.0 domain networks. Set up multiple NT 4.0 installations with DHCP, WINS, DNS, Exchange, and IIS on Cubix Z-series and Dell Poweredge servers. Installed and administered industry-specific Client-Server app on NT 3.51 and Citrix Winframe over the Internet.
- Ran daily tape backup of server and remotely-synchronized user data in concert with monthly magneto-optical archive system.
- Designed and implemented NT User Group and NTFS Permissions and Policies structures.
- Installed and setup multiple Compaq, Dell, and Gateway desktops and Toshiba laptops with Windows 95 or NT 4.0 Workstation and installed and configured multiple applications.
- Supported, maintained, and provided troubleshooting for all hardware and software see Software list below.
-- Management --
IT Management (2+ years)
Project Management (10+ years)
- Created and managed IT annual budget, supervised 2 technicians/engineers and 1 admin assistant, and reported directly to CEO. Spearheaded strategic planning initiatives with senior management.
- Procured all IT-related equipment and services. Responsible for all service and vendor contracts. Developed and maintained inventory tracking system of all IT-related equipment.
- Assessed User and Corporate needs and ensured Y2K compliance of all IT-related issues.
- Managed construction projects up to $10 million in live, operational environments with demanding deadlines and schedules.
- Charged with estimating, bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, scheduling, and supervision of projects. Supervised subcontractor workforces in excess of 100 tradespeople on site.
- Made presentations to potential clients and trade groups.
-- Additional --
- Trained 85+ employees in MS Office, Outlook 98, and MS Project for specific operational productivity enhancements
- Wrote procedure manuals including 30 page keystroke manual on industry-specific accounting system directed at operational managers
- Developed applications in MS Access, MS Excel, and Lotus for project, bid, and estimate tracking
- Created company web site and then developed outlines and specifications for site upgrade
- See also http://home.us.net/~satterle for personal site
- Contract / Network administration. New York, NY. 1999 present
- The Austin Construction Company. Bethesda, MD. 1994 1999
- Project Associates. Washington, DC. 1992 1994
- Sigal Construction Company. Washington, DC. 1984 1999
- BS. University of California at Santa Cruz.
-- Hardware --
- Compaq ProLiant servers
- Cubix Z-series backplane servers
- Dell Poweredge servers
- Dell Dimension desktops
- Toshiba Satellite Pro & Portege laptops
- RAID 5 controllers
- Pinnacle Micro magneto-optical drive
- Ascend Pipeline 75, 220 routers
- Compatible Systems 2900, 900i routers
- Adtrans XRT routers
- WebRamp 700 firewall / NAT
- 3 Com Super Stack 3300 Switches
-- Software --
- NT 4.0 Server, SP5
- NT 4.0 Workstation, SP5
- IIS 4.0
- Exchange 5.5
- Windows 95
- Windows CE
- NT 3.51 with Citrix Winframe 1.7
- Norton, MacAfee, PC-cillin, F-Prot anti-virus
- Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera browsers
- Winfax 4.51 network version
- pcAnywhere 8.0
- Second Copy
- Image Cast
- MS Office 97 & 95
- MS Project 98
- Outlook 97 & 98
- Timberline 4.x Gold Accounting
- Meridian Prolog Project Management
- Paint Shop Pro 5.0
- WebOptimizer 4.0
- MS Publisher 97
- MS Front Page
- Arachnophilia 3.9
- Leech FTP 1.1
- Agent Newsreader 1.6
- NT 2000, Release 2
- Linux 2.2 (Caldera)
- BeOS 4.5
- Office 2000